Sunday, October 17, 2010

How does your garden grow?

Up until getting my Star Cloud for Christmas 5 years ago (happy birthday for the 29th Baby!) I was drastically unable to keep anything alive, plants, fish, even cactus died in my care. Cats are relatively easy but recently we have been considering a new addition to the family and after spending an hour in the aquarium shop watching the baby turtles I know what I am asking Santa to bring me for christmas. Turtles, however are a lot of work and I need to be prepared for this, so recently I decided to try the plant thing again to see if I had the skill to maintain and care for more living things. So far this has been a great success, and I am particularly proud of my herbs and salads so I thought I would give you a looksie at some of my horticultural efforts

Here we have some lettuce, baby spinach, basil, mint and parsley. The herbs are out of control and the lettuce and baby spinach is growing at a steady pace miraculously in partial shade, I'm hoping to get a nice yield out of those before they go to seed again


My happy little lettuces and spinach get a lot of love and care :)

Star Cloud enjoying the daisies I potted for her

So this is my garden and I must say I am very proud of myself, since quitting smoking it's nice to have a balcony that can be used for living things and growing food rather than discretely poisoning myself. When it's finished and in full bloom I will update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment