Sunday, October 17, 2010

My new wallpaper and reprogramming

Isn't she beautiful? this piccie came from Ne Plus Ultras blog which is one of the many incredible fatosphere blogs I have had the pleasure of discovering recently (more on this later, I am just dying to rave rave rave!) I am blown away by this, she is FAT and BEAUTIFUL... at the same time! not only that but she is NUDE in a FASHION MAGAZINE for THE WORLD TO SEE. Did I mention I am blown away?

if only some one had shown me these type of images when I was a young adolescent I may have avoided some serious mental illnesses but that's a story for another day. THIS is what there should be more of in magazines and the media, THIS is what should be considered 'common' (after all, 'normal' is relative and thin do people exist too) THIS is what I want my children to grow up knowing and accepting.

After 24 hours of having this as my desktop picture, I feel like I am being reprogrammed, like I am starting to realise that body diversity is about as real as the glands on my chest. I looked in the mirror this morning and felt normal, I looked at photos of myself and instead of cringing and looking away, I accepted that it was me and didn't think anything of it. My mind is changing, I am reprogramming, I am accepting reality, I am becoming more critical of what I am told is right and real and I am speaking out for myself and the 99.99999% of other people in this world who are pathologised, shunned and made to feel like something is wrong with them because they don't have a socially and patriarchally constructed ideal body shape. I am ready to believe. I am FAT and I AM FUCKING AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment