Saturday, May 15, 2010

The cosmetics I simply can't live without...

So, I really love reading blogs about people's favorite make up products, you know, sharing the love and all. So here are the things I can't live without.

MAC mineralize skin finish

MAC

This is my absolute everyday can't live without product. If MAC ever discontinued this I would probably curl into a ball and rock in the corner! I have been through many of these, I use it for everything, all over coverage (over some tinted moisturizer) and lately as the weather is getting cooler and I get more pasty, as a contour. This comes everywhere with me and is the greatest little compact in the world (if it had a mirror it would be even better!)

Napoleon Perdis China Doll foundation stick

Napoleon

Admittedly, I don't use this everyday as it is quite a heavy foundation. But the coverage is just so darn good it is the best bad skin day must ever! The best coverage and the silkiest feeling foundation I have ever tried!

Orly Bonder

Orly

I wear nail polish every day of my life. I feel naked without it. However, I have a serious problem of oily nails which means even the most expensive nail polish starts peeling and chipping in a couple hours. Orly bonder keeps my nails looking nice for a couple days, which is still quite a short period of time, but I change the color after a day or so anyway

Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten

Stila

Such a gorgeous, gorgeous product! I use this as a base for my eyeshadow as I think it is too sheer as a gel eyeliner, but this stuff is magic and so creamy and pigmented

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Zero

Urban Decay

The best eye pencil I have ever used! so creamy and sits in my waterline with no smudgy dramas. However, I have found a good dupe in the prestige waterproof liners, which I have in brown for work and subtle makeup occasions

Palmer's Dark Chocolate and Peppermint Lip Butter

Palmer's

What can I say? I. AM. OBSESSED.

Lush Karma Perfume

Karma

Smells like what I imagine the 70s would have felt like... if that makes sense... or maybe I'm actually high off this stuff....

Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Sunbaked in Pure Shimmer

Prestige

Most beautiful highlighter which gives a lovely glow. Warning! you NEED to exfoliate, tone and prime before this, it is so shimmery it can accentuate pores quite drastically! Otherwise an amazing product

Bourjois Clubbing mascara

Bourjois

This is my everyday mascara, it gives a really good fake lash effect which I need considering I wear glasses a lot. There is a specific way to use this mascara, most reviewers have hated it because it seems cluggy and messy. The trick is to wipe excess product off the brush, then start with the shorter side facing you and roll the brush as you apply... got that? no? just email me if you need help!

Ecotools retractable Kabuki brush

Ecotools

Oh Kabuki, where would I be without you? This brush is great for all the regular kabuki brush uses such as smoothing out lines, however I manage to have a great applications of my MAC studio fix powder foundation, my mineralize skinfinish and blush with this brush on the go. Comes with me everywhere!

So I hope that was useful on some level for you, feel free to hit me up with your favorite products too, I am always on the hunt for new exciting products!

No comments:

Post a Comment